I've had a PC laptop for 2 years and it's starting to crap out on me. There are of course the options of getting a new fan, or getting it fixed, but where's the fun in that? I prefer to buy a new one.
I might have mentioned before that the hubsters is a manager at a huge electronic retail store. It may or may not sport the colors of blue and yellow. Anywho, one of his employees totally got me hooked on a Mac. You can tell this guy is a "Mac Guy". He loves his Mac and will convince you that you absolutely need one to live. Like, you'll die if you don't have one. And, since I'm TOTALLY gullible when it comes to electronics, I believe him.
So then, I come to work the next day and tell my crit partner that I want a Mac. He then proceeds to tell me how he is a "PC Guy" and totally convinced me to get a PC instead.
So, now I want to know from you all. You are writers. If you had the choice, would you go with a Mac or a PC? I'm still leaning towards the Mac, but they are so different it kinda scares me a little.
Here are some of the things that were said**:
- Mac batteries are built into them so you can leave the laptop plugged in all the time and it won't make the battery crap like PC laptop batteries tend to do because they are made like cell phones- intended to run down and then recharge. (side note: I get about an hour out of my laptop battery right now)
- Macs are made to last 7-9 years, PCs made to last 2-3 years (he has had his for 9 years)
- Their iwork is easier and cooler than word. And you can save it and send it as a word document.
- PC's are cheaper and are compatible with more "stuff" (like printers and stuff...although the mac guy told me macs are totally compatible with that stuff too....so yeah...no idea)
- They are able to run more programs and download type stuff from the internet
- Better for gaming (totally doesn't apply to me though, I'm not a gamer)
- Better virus protection (I read about this one in an article...but I have also heard that Pcs get more viruses because they are the most targeted)
**Disclamer: I have no idea if any of this they told me is true. Remember: totally gullible