Thursday, March 22, 2012

May the Odds Be Ever in Your Favor




Well this is it folks!  The night we've been waiting what seems like YEARS for!  Tonight is the premier of The Hunger Games!

photo credit

So who's all going to the midnight showing??  Sadly, not this mama.  But for a good reason- I'm seeing it next weekend with my mom and sis!  (and several friends who will be in town as well!)


photo credit


But you guys, I'm SO excited!  I haven't been this excited for a movie since Harry Potter.  And you know one of the reasons I KNOW I am excited about a movie?  I get a bit verklempt when I see the trailer (okay so I'm tearing up just thinking of it) (sniff...tawlk amongst yourselves...).  My sis and I went to see Breaking Dawn and they had a Hunger Games trailer and we both totally teared up after.  Okay so sobbed just a bit...whatever.  So yeah...excited just a tad.


photo credit


  I will be dying a slow death every day until I get to see it for myself.  That whole week after it opens it will be SO hard to hear everything about the movie!  Maybe I'll just lock myself in the bathroom the whole week so I don't have to be mocked by all the people who've seen it...

And....while I'm in there, I can just play THIS on my iphone:



So when are YOU going to see it?  ARE you going to see it?  Or dare I say it...do you even KNOW what I'm talking about?  Have you not even *gasp* read the books??

16 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Sorry, haven't read the books. You go enjoy!

Michael Di Gesu said...

Hi, Abby,

No, I haven't read the books either. I would like to read them before I see the movie. I know GASP... But I had seen two HP movies before I knew they were a book series and it kind of ruined it for me seeing the films first. The books are ALWAYS better.

Stay calm. You will get to see the movie soon. TIme flies these days....

Matthew MacNish said...

I can't believe it's tomorrow. We're not going until Monday, because mom has to work, but man, it's going to be so epic!

Kristin Rae said...

Oh you are tough waiting so long!!! I'm going tomorrow morning when everyone is at work/in school. That's usually my opening weekend tradition (usually by myself, but a friend of mine is skipping work to go with me because she can't wait. haha). Then I'll probably go a few more times throughout the next month. I think I already have a date to see it again next Wednesday too. WOOT!!

Jessica (sis) said...

Def hard to wait...but well worth it! I bought the people mag that is all about the hunger games...and I never buy mags...can't wait to see it with you!

Anonymous said...

I love the books, and I love Jennifer Lawrence, so why can't I get excited about this movie?

I'll probably see it, but I'm not freaking.

Enjoy!

Meredith said...

I'm definitely seeing it this weekend! I can't wait!!!

Unknown said...

You think it's gonna be hard for you waiting another week? Try this: They're only realeasing the movie in South Africa in THREE WEEKS TIME! So. Freaking. Frustrated. Iwanttoseethatmovie!

Jennie Bailey said...

I saw it last night. Even though I was extremely disappointed by it, I did tear up at the beginning over the whole Prim/I volunteer. But I cried more reading the book. Like Rue KILLED me in the book. On screen, dry eyes. :-( And I wanted to cry. I did tear up a little but that was only because the six year old behind me (I know - who brings a six year old to Hunger Games?!?!) kept frantically whispering to her mom, "Mom, she's okay, right? She's okay." Over and over again. The little girl made me sad! I can't wait until you see it, though!!!

Talli Roland said...

I haven't read the books! I know, I know. I should. I might eventually, but I want to do that before I see the film.

Slamdunk said...

Yeah, I am in the minority also and have not read them. It has generated monster buzz those.

alexia said...

I'm seeing it this weekend, too! So stoked!

Shallee said...

Hope you enjoyed the movie! I haven't seen it yet, but hope to soon!

erica and christy said...

I didn't go to the midnight showing, but I did see it in the first week. I loved it! Hope you're having a great blogging break...I am! Christy

landscape painting said...

Your post May the Odds Be Ever in Your Favor is quite amazing and interesting.Getting a lot of useful information and funny.Very nice sharing.

-blessed holy socks, the non-perishable-zealot said...

Yes, I have read'm, yet, I find the flik cheaper? less thrilling? than the books - perhaps the flik was cheaper precisely because they had to git-it-done on time... or, maybe, possibly, because I see the visuals and that poses for me a picture rather than my mind fantasizing. awe.some.books. Ten and half outta 10. Bravo, girly-in-NYC. Never shall be another like'm though they may imitate. Nevertheless... Greetings, earthling!! Shouldn’t be long, gotta run back to Heaven; however, in the meantime, take anything and everything you wanna from our wonderfull, plethora of thot to write the next great masterpeAce _/IF\_ I can but kiss your gorgeous, adorable feets and/or cuddle withe greatest, ex-mortal-girly ever to arrive in Seventh Heaven. Think about it. Do it. Get back to me Upstairs …thewarningsecondcoming.com