Thursday, March 8, 2012

Rachel Morgan is Taking Over My Blog!

Please help me in welcoming my good friend Rachel Morgan to my blog today. She's doing a guest post to help promote her Creepy Hollow series!  Check out the other tour stops in the next few weeks as well!

Creepy Hollow: Meet The Characters



Guardian is a paranormal fantasy that revolves around two main characters: Violet, the faerie guardian-in-training whose routine assignment goes wrong when it turns out the human boy she's trying to protect can see through her faerie glamour, and Nate, the human boy who can see Violet and ends up following her into the fae realm. To get to know these two characters a little better, I got them to answer a few questions...









Before I go, here is an excerpt from the scene in which Nate and Vi first meet each other:



   I raise my eyes. The boy is looking at me.
   At me!
   My heart stutters. I mentally feel for my glamour, the magic that should be making me invisible right now. It’s still in place, I’m sure it is. So how can he possibly see me?
   This is bad. This is very bad.
   A few feet away from me, the boy pushes himself up onto his knees. “What just happened?”
   “Um ...” Crap, I am going to lose so many points for this.
   “And what the hell is that?”
   I follow his gaze to the arrow in my hand. It sparkles with its own light, as though made of hundreds of tiny red-hot stars. I can see how that would look weird to a human. I let go of the arrow. It vanishes, causing the boy’s eyes to grow even wider. 
   “Well, I should really be going.” I stand up, hoping my stylus is still in my boot.
   “Wait.” He gets to his feet. “Who are you? What are you doing here? What was that ... thing?”
   “That thing?” I casually reach behind me for the wall. “Oh, you know, just a product of your subconscious. And all that ice cream you ate earlier. Indigestion can make for some interesting dreams.” I cringe internally. Dreams? What idiot would buy that explanation?
   His eyebrows draw together. “I guess that could make sense. You are way more attractive than any real-life girl who’s managed to find her way into my bedroom.”
   This is not happening.


Thank you, Abby, for hosting me on your blog today!



~  ~  ~




Rachel Morgan is the author of Guardian, the first novelette in the Creepy Hollow series. She was born in South Africa and spent a large portion of her childhood living in
a fantasy land of her own making. These days, in between teaching mathematics to high school children, she writes fiction for young adults.




Buy Guardian from


The Creepy Hollow Series


Author Info

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

They are powerful characters and ones that hook you in immediately.

Unknown said...

Thanks, Madeleine, and THANK YOU, Abby, for hosting Nate and Vi here today :-)

Matthew MacNish said...

What fun! Cool to see those character sheets.

Angela said...

I love the excerpt, especially the line about how she's more attractive than any real-life girl who's managed to come into his bedroom. :)

Unknown said...

Thanks, Matthew :-)

Angela, I'm kinda curious to know how many "real-life" girls have found their way into Nate's bedroom, but Vi didn't care to ask!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Of course Nate likes XBox! What guy doesn't?

-blessed holy socks, the non-perishable-zealot said...

HooRayGun!! sez RonRaygun. Have I got the 20 blogs for you, girl; while others maaay have more egregious epithets in their unpolished, sub-basement, in their whorizontal, pompous intensity, we (God/i) have the facts, jussafax, Jak --- Greetings, earthling. Know what’s incredible, edible and prolifically gratuitous? Because I was an actual NDE on the outskirts of the Great Beyond at 15 yet wasn’t allowed in, lemme share with you what I actually know Seventh-Heaven's gonna be like for us: meet this ultra-bombastic, ex-mortal-Upstairs for the most-extra-blatant-and-groovy, pleasure-beyond-measure, Ultra-Yummy-Reality-Addiction in the Great Beyond for a BIG-ol, kick-ass, party-hardy, eternal-warp-drive you DO NOT wanna miss the sink-your-teeth-in-the-smmmokin’-hot-deal. YES! For God, anything and everything and more! is possible!! Cya soon…