Monday, January 16, 2012

We Have a Winner!

So last night as I was agonizing over what to blog about today, I realized I had totally forgotten about our Comeback contest and needed to pick a winner!  And then I remembered I also needed to switch the laundry over that had been sitting in the washer all day.  And then I also remembered I'm off work tomorrow and Little Monster is off school.  Ah, preggo brain.

If you don't remember (which means you are probably pregnant), Colene and I held a contest celebrating our comeback to blogging.  We promised you the book of your choice if you win.

And my winner is......

Lola Sharp!

It's funny because the book she wants is Bitterblue by Kristin Cashore.  I had emailed her back and told her if she wins, I'll order her the book but I might have to read it first before I send it to her, teehee.  So, Lola, I'm going to pre-order it on Amazon for you and will be sending it to you in May (after I read it) (Just kidding...I'll probably just get it from the library- I don't want to mess Lola's pretty book up)!

Head on over to Colene's blog to see if you won over there!  Thanks to all of you for entering and showing us your support!  We truly are happy to be back to blogging!

Oh, and happy MLK day!!

17 comments:

Kristin Rae said...

Congrats to Lola!! She's an awesome gal :)

Meredith said...

Yay for Lola! And for Bitterblue--I can't wait for that one!

Unknown said...

Aw, I can't wait to read BITTERBLUE! Kristin Cashore is superb :-)
Congrats to Lola!
(I find myself forgetting things quite often, but, um, I don't THINK I'm pregnant!)

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Congratulations, Lola! And how could you forget a day off? I live for those.

Lola Sharp said...

YAY!!!! :D THANK YOU, Abby!!
And thank you to those above for the congrats and nice words. <3

Also, I'm not pregnant and I forget things ALL. The. Time.
I have to RE-wash clothes far too often because I let them sit too long in the washer, forgotten. I HATE sour smelling clothes, thus I really dislike my forgetfulness.

Again, THANK YOU!
*squeezy hugs*

xoxo
Love,
Lola

Colene Murphy said...

Yeay for Lola!! That's a great book choice too! (though I STILL need to read Fire. *twiddles thumbs* whoops.)

Nicole Zoltack said...

Congrats, Lola!

Roland D. Yeomans said...

Congrats to Lola. Contests are fun and liven up any blog. May your week be a great one, Roland

Jennie Bailey said...

Congrats to Lola!!!

Lydia Kang said...

Happy MLK day and congrats to Lola!

erica and christy said...

yay to lola! off to colene's....fingers crossed...! christy

Michael Di Gesu said...

Congrats Lola!

WELCOME BACK ABBY... SO GOOD TO SEE YOU!

Off the Colene's to say hi... It's been AGES!

Talli Roland said...

A big congrats to Lola! :)

Patti said...

Congrats to Lola. Glad to see both you and Colene back to blogging.

alexia said...

Congrats, Lola! I forget things all the time and have for years, and can only use pregnancy as an excuse one 9-month period in there... alas.

ShaunaKelleyWrites said...

Are those symptoms of preggo brain? Amazing how I have that despite not being pregnant.

Janet Johnson said...

Congrats, Lola! (She's awesome and well-deserving . . . just sayin')